Saturday, March 9, 2013

The Anatomy of a Cavegirl

Okay, it's time to come back to my blog with my tail between my legs. I have to admit that ever since the holidays hit, I have had a very hard time blogging on RCR. We fell off the Paleo wagon - hard. And I am coming to terms with the fact that I'm not actually that much of a "cavegirl".

But my sweet fella hasn't let me give up that easily. He insists that it's honestly up to me to decide what a cavegirl is and isn't. So, let's do some research.

When I type "cavegirl" in Google, I get the following results on the first page:

  • Cavegirl movie: A 1985 film classified as a romantic comedy, where some bumbling college kid finds a magic portal to the stone age - and the beautiful Eba. It is apparently extremely absurd and the only redeemable quality, depending on your personal opinion, would be the gratuitous nudity.
  • Cavegirl show: A British TV series that follows the adventures of a teenage cavegirl - set in prehistoric times, but with modern references. Cavegirl is described as a pretty, feisty individual and a bit of a tomboy. Many of the storylines involve her becoming more mature
  • The Cave Girl book: An Edgar Rice Burroughs lost world novel published in 1913. The male protagonist finds himself shipwrecked on a paleolithic island. The title character Nadara teaches him the language, how to swim, how to fish, and basic woodcraft, as he begins to realize that his book smarts can only get him so far. (However, it conveniently turns out she's actually modern day royalty whose marooned mother died after giving birth to her on the island.)
  • Cavegirl Cafe: Grass fed, Gluten free, Paleo fun! And Coffee, too! An online cafe where our you can get artisanal, sustainably sourced coffee, and greeting cards that express your love for the primal lifestyle. With a background in economics, athletic coaching, agriculture and bodywork, the co-owners are committed to creating quality products with a sassy flair.
  • The Cavegirl Dish: A national span blog (just California and New York) of paleo eating adventures and experiments by two cavegirl friends, Jenn and Tiffany.
  • Cavegirl in the Kitchen: Personal blog of Jocelyn Rylee; Owner/Trainer/Coach CrossFit BRIO. She loves getting out of bed everyday, eating eggs, and making people sweat. Looks forward to cheat days and can eat an enormous number of chocolate donuts.
  • Cavegirl Productions: Website for Actor/Filmmaker/Editor Kelley Slagle. 
  • Cavegirl Cuisine: Lard. Lift. Love. Eating Paleo...one bone at a time! A clean paleo cooking blog written by a stay at home mom with a Marketing and HR background. 
  • Cavegirl Field Hockey: A USFHA sanctioned partner organization directed and coached by Amanda Rogers, who has many years of playing and coaching experience at various levels.

So, what is a cavegirl? A cavegirl is fiesty. A cavegirl is sporty. She enjoys teaching and learning. She strives to eat clean, but has her off days. A cavegirl is always in search of likeminded friends and fun new ideas. In these ways, I suppose I still am a Cavegirl at heart. And I hope you'll forgive my moments of doubt and continue this journey with me as I step forward with an open mind and the best of intentions!

Cave Girl Menu by Chris Sanders

No comments:

Post a Comment